In 2019, USQ will offer one Elizabeth Rowlings Memorial Bursary.
The Elizabeth Rowlings Memorial Bursary was established by her son, Colin, to honour the life of his mother. Married to former USQ professional staff member, Neil Rowlings, Elizabeth was an enthusiast for the value of education in the development of young people and the role of teachers in providing that guidance. In addition to raising her own family, Elizabeth also provided accommodation services to visiting international students.
The bursary will have a maximum value of $3000.
- be an Australian Citizen or have permanent resident status
- be continuing their studies in a Bachelor of Education in Semester 1 2019
- have completed a minimum of 4 study units in their degree
- be from a rural or remote area within Queensland
- be enrolled in a minimum of 1 study unit in each of Semester 1 and Semester 2 of each year of study
- have a current Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 5.0
- be studying on-campus, external or online.
- provide evidence to show you have a permanent address in or have relocated to study from a rural or remote area (outer regional, remote or very remote within Queensland according to the Australian Standard Geographic Classification (ASGC) - refer Doctor Connect map).
- provide evidence of financial hardship as directed on the application form.
Applications close at 5pm Friday 26 October 2018.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500
USQ reserves the right to alter the conditions of the scholarship/bursary based upon exceptional circumstances. USQ reserves the right to not award the scholarship/bursary in a given year.