In 2019, USQ will offer one Greenwood-Tomkys Fund Scholarship in Sport and Exercise
The Greenwood-Tomkys Fund was established through the Estate of the late Betty Greenwood and in conjunction with her sister, the late Valery Tomkys. Betty and Valery together with their sister Lesley are the daughters of Jack and Mary Tomkys and were long term Toowoomba residents who also had farming interests at Murphy's Creek. The fund was created in memory of the Tomkys family and Betty's husband Jim.
The principal purpose of the fund is to provide scholarships, bursaries and other educational assistance for students of nursing and other allied health professions and disciplines. Assistance is provided to students in financial need to undertake their studies, particularly outside the metropolitan areas.
The scholarship will have a maximum value of $10 000.
- be an Australian Citizen or have permanent resident status
- be continuing their studies in the Bachelor of Sport and Exercise in Semester 1 2019
- have a current Grade Point Average of at least 4.0
- have completed a minimum of 6 study units
- be enrolled in a minimum of 1 study unit in each of Semester 1 and Semester 2 of each year of study
- be studying on-campus, external or online.
- submit a personal statement (one page maximum) outlining:
- why you chose to study Sport and Exercise
- why you chose USQ
- provide evidence of financial hardship as directed on the application form.
Applications close at 5pm Friday 26 October 2018.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500
USQ reserves the right to alter the conditions of the scholarship/bursary based upon exceptional circumstances. USQ reserves the right to not award the scholarship/bursary in a given year.