In 2019, USQ will offer one Nola Charlesworth Bursary
The Nola Charlesworth Bursary was made possible through the contribution of Nola Charlesworth and her children. Nola was a long time Deputy Principal at Clifton High School, who had a passion for assisting children with learning difficulties. This Bursary was inspired by her desire to see local Clifton children realise their potential in a University setting. Nola bequeathed money in her will to create a bursary is for Clifton High School students who enrol at USQ. Her children also have contributed additional funds, inspired by their mother’s generosity and mutual desire to see Clifton High School students succeed.
The bursary will have a maximum value of $1000.
- be an Australian Citizen or have permanent resident status
- be a graduate of the Clifton High School
- be commencing their studies in a bachelor's degree in Semester 1 2019
- be enrolled in a minimum of 1 study unit in Semester 1
- be enrolled on-campus at USQ Toowoomba.
- submit a personal statement (one page maximum) outlining:
- your aspirations and career goals for the future
- why you think you should be considered for this bursary
- provide evidence of academic achievement, e.g. high school report card or post-secondary academic history (transcript of results), as applicable
- demonstrate a history of involvement within your school, extracurricular activities or within your local community
- provide evidence of financial hardship as directed on the application form.
Applications close at 5pm Friday 26 October 2018.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500
USQ reserves the right to alter the conditions of the scholarship/bursary based upon exceptional circumstances. USQ reserves the right to not award the scholarship/bursary in a given year.