In 2019, USQ will offer a number of Power Tynan Scholarships.
The Power Tynan Scholarship Program provides an opportunity for successful recent school-leavers to study (part-time) at USQ Toowoomba campus while working fulltime for Power Tynan Pty Ltd. Power Tynan will pay the successful individual’s course fees for all successfully completed subjects and the scholarship recipient is in the enviable position where they can apply their knowledge practically and receive valuable on-the-job mentoring and training whilst being paid a wage.
During this time students will gain invaluable practical work experience in a firm that presents illustrious career path opportunities. These can be in the areas of accounting, superannuation, leasing and finance. The recipient will obtain knowledge across their chosen study field through real-life experience in each sector to help determine exactly where their interests lie.
The scholarship will pay the Student Contribution Charges and Student Amenities Fees associated with a:
- 32 study unit degree (approximately $39 000)
- 24 study unit degree (approximately $29 000)
In addition, the successful applicant will be offered a full-time position with Power Tynan Pty Ltd.
- be an Australian Citizen or have permanent resident status
- have completed Year 12 in 2017 or 2018
- be commencing their studies in a bachelor's degree in Business & Commerce, Information Technology, Engineering & Build Environment, Humanities & Communications or Law & Justice in Semester 1 2019
- be enrolled in a minimum of 1 study unit in each of Semester 1 and Semester 2 of each year of study
- be studying external or online (as applicant will be working full-time at Power Tynan Pty Ltd).
- submit a personal statement (one page minimum) outlining:
- your educational aims and goals
- your aspirations and career goals for the future
- what you believe you could bring to the team at Power Tynan
- why you think you should be considered for the scholarship
- provide evidence of academic achievement e.g. high school report card or post-secondary academic history, as applicable
- demonstrate a history of involvement within your school, extracurricular activities or within your local community
Applications close at 5pm Friday 26 October 2018.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500
USQ reserves the right to alter the conditions of the scholarship/bursary based upon exceptional circumstances. USQ reserves the right to not award the scholarship/bursary in a given year.