In 2019, USQ will offer one Rachael Fontana Bursary for Steele Rudd.
The bursary is in loving memory of Rachael Lee Fontana. Rachael was born in 1985 and attended USQ in 2004. She lived a vibrant life on-campus at Steele Rudd College where she studied her degree in a Bachelor of Visual Arts. From early childhood, Rachael’s ambition was to become a cartoonist/artist. Although she did not complete her degree, her enthusiasm and dedication to art assured that her dream was becoming a reality. Unfortunately, her ambition was destroyed by a tragic accident which claimed her and her unborn child in 2009. She was well-respected for her generosity and benevolence towards those less fortunate than herself. She derived joy from affording pleasure to others and Toowoomba was special to her. The bursary reflects Rachael’s joyous experiences of college life and her compassion to help others.
The bursary will have a maximum value of $2000.
- be an Australian Citizen or have permanent resident status
- be from a rural area within Queensland
- be continuing their studies in a bachelor degree in Semester 1 2019
- have completed a minimum of 6 study units and be entering into the second, third or final year of their degree
- be enrolled in a minimum of 3 study units in Semester 1
- be enrolled on-campus at USQ Toowoomba
- be living on-campus at any USQ Residential College.
- submit a personal statement (one page maximum) outlining:
- why you think you should be considered for this bursary
- your educational aims
- your aspirations and career goals for the future
- provide evidence of financial hardship as directed on the application form.
- have a permanent address in or have relocated to study from a rural or remote area (outer regional, remote or very remote area within Australia according to the Australian Standard Geographic Classification (ASGC) - refer Doctor Connect map).
Applications close at 5pm Friday 26 October 2018.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500
USQ reserves the right to alter the conditions of the scholarship/bursary based upon exceptional circumstances. USQ reserves the right to not award the scholarship/bursary in a given year.