In 2019, USQ will offer one RSL Ipswich Scholarship in Nursing, Midwifery or Paramedicine.
The Ipswich sub-branch of the RSL has initiated this award to encourage higher education study in the professional disciplines of nursing, midwifery and paramedicine, in recognition of the pivotal role played by professionals in these fields for the provision of primary health care to wounded military victims of military conflict.
The scholarship will have a maximum value of $5000.
- be an Australian Citizen or have permanent resident status
- be a resident of the City of Ipswich as defined by the local government boundaries (postcodes 4300, 4301, 4303, 4304, 4305, 4306, 4307, 4310, 4340, 4346) AND/OR be enrolled at the Ipswich campus
- be continuing their studies in a USQ Bachelor of Nursing, Midwifery or Paramedicine in Semester 1 2019
- have a current Grade Point Average of at least 5.0
- have completed a minimum of 6 study units in the relevant USQ bachelor's degree
- be enrolled in a minimum of 1 study unit in each of Semester 1 and Semester 2 for the duration of the scholarship
- be studying on-campus, external or online
- have a personal or family connection with the Australian Defence Force service.
- submit a personal statement (one page maximum) outlining:
- your aspirations and career goals for the future
- how this scholarship will assist your future career plans
- provide evidence of financial hardship as directed on the application form.
- provide evidence of a personal or family connection with the Australian Defence Force service.
Short-listed applicants will be required to attend an interview.
Applications close at 5pm Friday 26 October 2018.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500
USQ reserves the right to alter the conditions of the scholarship/bursary based upon exceptional circumstances. USQ reserves the right to not award the scholarship/bursary in a given year.