In 2019, USQ will offer a number of USQ KickOn Bursaries - USQ Community Award.
This bursary recognises the recipients' involvement in the USQ community in activities such as mentoring program, support groups for academic performance, social and sporting activities or the Student Guild Board.
Each bursary will have a maximum value of $2000.
- be an Australian Citizen or have permanent resident status
- be continuing an associate degree or a bachelor's degree at USQ
- be enrolled in a minimum of 3 undergraduate-level study units in the semester the bursary is awarded, unless exceptional circumstances prevent studying a minimum of 3 study units
- be taking at least one USQ study unit (for students undertaking cross-institutional studies)
- have a current USQ Grade Point Average of at least 5.0
- be involved in USQ community activities
- be studying on-campus, external or online
- submit a personal statement (one page maximum) answering the following question:
- How do you enrich the USQ Community through your participation in USQ community activities, and what have you personally gained through those activities?
- provide evidence of financial hardship as directed in the application form
- demonstrate involvement in the USQ Community in activities such as (but not limited to) the following:
- Student Representative on a USQ Committee
- Member of the Student Representative Committee
- Student Representative on the Student Guild Board
- Student Ambassador
- Phoenix Leader
- Meet-up Leader
- Senior Resident Advisor
- Student Club Executive Member (such as Club President, Treasurer, Secretary)
- Team Manager (For USQ teams entering Nationals)
- Resident Advisor
- Student Club Member
Applications close at 5pm Friday 26 October 2018.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500
USQ reserves the right to alter the conditions of the scholarship/bursary based upon exceptional circumstances. USQ reserves the right to not award the scholarship/bursary in a given year.