In 2019, USQ will offer three USQ Shine Bursaries.
The Bursary supports female undergraduate and postgraduate students at USQ, in any field of study in their final year or graduating in the year of the award, who demonstrate leadership potential and community contribution, who have the desire and commitment to make a greater contribution to their communities or chosen profession. In the interests of empowering women through lifelong education, this bursary will assist to enhance the quality of their career progression.
The bursary will have a maximum value of $700.
- be an Australian Citizen or have permanent resident status; or
- be an international student studying on-campus
at any USQ campus
- identify as female
- be entering into the final year of their undergraduate or postgraduate degree; or
- be eligible to graduate from USQ in the year of the award
- be studying on-campus, external or online.
- submit a personal statement (one page maximum) outlining:
- your educational aims and goal
- your aspirations and career goals for the future
- why you think you should be considered for the bursary
- your commitment to leadership through active participation in the community and/or demonstrate your passion and contribution to elevating women’s causes and supporting organisations and community events whose primary focus is improving the lives of women and girls
- be invited to attend and formally accept their award at the USQ International Women’s Day event to be held on or near 8 March 2019
Applications close at 5pm Friday 26 October 2018.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500
USQ reserves the right to alter the conditions of the scholarship/bursary based upon exceptional circumstances. USQ reserves the right to not award the scholarship/bursary in a given year.