Alumni Legacy BursaryTo encourage a family tradition of attending USQ, the University of Southern Queensland is offering the Alumni Legacy Bursary exclusively to students whose parents, guardian or grandparent is an Alumnus of USQ.
ValueThe bursary will have a maximum value of $1000.
- be a child or grandchild of a USQ alumnus*
- be either commencing or continuing a USQ degree in Semester 1 2018
- be enrolled in a minimum of 3 study units in each of Semester 1 and Semester 2
- be studying on-campus, external or online
* Have received an Award (as defined in the USQ Policy and Procedure Library) from the University of Southern Queensland or one of its predecessor institutions: Queensland Institute of Technology Darling Downs, Darling Downs Institute of Advanced Education, or University College of Southern Queensland.
- provide a letter of recommendation from the alumnus or alumna
- submit a personal statement (one page maximum) outlining:
- a description of your career aims and goals and how the scholarship will assist you to achieve your future career plans
- a history of involvement within your school, extracurricular activities or within your local community
- provide evidence of academic achievement e.g. high school report card or post-secondary academic history, as applicable