Alan Edwards Memorial Scholarship
In 2017, USQ will offer one Alan Edwards Memorial Scholarship.
Alan Edwards AM MBE (1925–2003) was an accomplished actor and the founding Artistic Director of the Queensland Theatre Company in Brisbane. Alan was considered a major contributor to the artistic life of Queensland and was awarded a Member of the British Empire and Member of the Order of Australia for his services to theatre. He was also made an honorary Doctor of Letters by the University of Southern Queensland. The Alan Edwards Scholarship was established in recognition of his outstanding contributions to the arts community and to theatre at USQ. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of merit, annually to a third-year USQ Toowoomba student pursuing a major in Theatre.
The scholarship will have a maximum value of $4 000.
To be eligible applicants must:
- be an Australian Citizen or have permanent resident status
- continue their studies in a Bachelor of Creative Arts majoring in Theatre in Semester 1, 2017
- be entering the third year of the degree
- be enrolled at Toowoomba Campus
- be enrolled in a minimum of 3 study units in each of Semester 1 and Semester 2
- be studying on-campus.
- submit a personal statement indicating how the scholarship will assist them to achieve their future career plans
- have a current Grade Point Average of at least 5.0.
Closing dateApplications closed.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500