City of Ipswich Scholarship
In 2017, USQ will offer one City of Ipswich Scholarship. The Ipswich City Council has made this scholarship available to encourage educational development in skill-shortage areas in the Ipswich region. The scholarship is awarded to a meritorious student in the Ipswich region.
The scholarship will have a maximum value of $5 000.
To be eligible applicants must:
- be an Australian Citizen or have permanent resident status
- be enrolled on-campus at Ipswich or Springfield campus and/or studying online
- be a resident of the Ipswich City as defined by the local government boundaries (postcodes 4300, 4301, 4303, 4304, 4305, 4306, 4307, 4310, 4340, 4346)
- continue their studies in a bachelor degree in Semester 1, 2017
- have completed a minimum of 8 USQ courses to be entering into the second year of the degree
- be enrolled in a minimum of 3 study units in each of Semester 1 and Semester 2.
- submit a personal statement (one page maximum) outlining:
- a description of your career aims and goals
- how the Scholarship will assist you to achieve your future career plans
- a history of involvement within your school, extracurricular activities or within your local community
- provide evidence of academic achievement
- have a current Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 5.0.
How to applyShortlisted applicants are required to attend an interview and are asked to maintain up-to-date USQ Personal Details via UConnect.
Closing dateApplications closed.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500