Domestic PhD Stipend Scholarship
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) is offering a number of stipend (living allowance) scholarships for domestic students studying, or commencing the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in 2018. Applications in all areas of research are welcome. Find your research topic or find and connect with your supervisor helps you match your areas of interest with world-class research opportunities at USQ.
As part of USQ's Reconciliation Action Plan a scheme exists to promote entry into the PhD by Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
The information on this page is subject to change.
Domestic PhD Stipend Scholarships carry a stipend of $27, 082 (2018 rate) per annum. USQ will supplement this payment to a total per annum amount of $30,000 per annum (tax-free). Payments are made on a fortnightly basis over the year. Domestic PhD Stipend Scholarship recipients will normally be allocated a place funded by a Research Training Program - Fees Offset scheme, which covers the payment of tuition fees for the standard duration of the program.
The maximum period of tenure of an award is three years. Periods of study already undertaken towards the degree will be deducted from the period of tenure.
To be eligible applicants must:
- have completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or equivalent level;
- be eligible to be enrolled full-time in a PhD program at USQ. Note: some research topics may only be offered on-campus. Students should discuss their mode of attendance with their proposed supervisors;
- have applied for enrolment, or currently enrolled in the PhD at USQ;
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or New Zealand citizen;
- not be receiving equivalent support providing a benefit greater than 75% of the student’s stipend rate;
- commence the PhD in 2018.
Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date.
The successful student is permitted to undertake paid work but this must not interfere with the student's study.
Scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances.
The scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels enrolment in the program or fails to enrol at the USQ.
Applicants will be assessed on the basis of academic merit, previous research outputs, research experience, the record of the proposed supervisory team, the quality of the research proposal, and alignment with the University's research priorities.
How to apply
Scholarship applications are separate from the Admission application process, the Office of Research Graduate Studies (ORGS) recommend applicants also commence the admission process.
To apply for this scholarship, applicants must scan and forward as one PDF attachment the following documentation by email to email@example.com. All applications received at this account will be acknowledged by return email within two working days. No other email address is to be used for the submission of a Domestic PhD Stipend Scholarship.
- Domestic PhD Stipend Scholarship application form (DOCX 83KB);
- curriculum vitae;
- Preliminary Research Thesis Topic Proposal (DOC 78KB). If applying for a thesis topic identified via the USQ website, please provide evidence of preliminary discussions with the thesis supervisory team;
- education qualifications (testamur and academic transcripts for all undergraduate and postgraduate awards);
- a list of any research presentations and/or publications;
- documentation confirming citizenship.
Closing dateApplications closed.
Further information about this scholarship is available from the ORGS firstname.lastname@example.org.