Elite Athlete Bursary
USQ will offer a number of bursaries in 2017 to commencing or current students studying at USQ who are registered or have a registration in progress for the USQ Elite Athlete Program.
Each bursary will have a maximum value of $1 000.
To be eligible applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen or have permanent resident status
- be registered or have a registration in progress for the USQ Elite Athlete Program by commencement of Semester 1, 2017
- commence or continue their studies in a bachelor's degree in Semester 1, 2017
- undertake a minimum of four study units during the 2017 academic year
- be studying on-campus, external or online.
- provide supporting documentation which can include signed letters from:
- sporting authorities
- coaches or managers
- membership to sporting institutions
- evidence of training/sporting commitments
- provide evidence of a minimum of sound level of academic achievement e.g. high school report card or post-secondary academic history, as applicable or
- have a current Grade Point Average of at least 4.0, if a continuing USQ student
- submit a personal statement:
- providing a description of your career aims and goals
- demonstrating a history of involvement within your school, extracurricular activities or within their local community.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500