Greenwood-Tomkys Fund Scholarship in Nursing
In 2017, USQ will offer one Greenwood-Tomkys Fund Scholarship in Nursing.
The Greenwood-Tomkys Fund has been established through the Estate of the late Betty Greenwood and in conjunction with her sister the late Valery Tomkys. The principal purpose of the fund is to provide scholarships, bursaries and other educational assistance for students of nursing and other allied health professions and disciplines. Assistance is provided to assist students in financial need to undertake their studies, particularly outside the metropolitan areas.
Betty and Valery together with their sister Lesley are the daughters of Jack and Mary Tomkys and are long term Toowoomba residents who also had farming interests at Murphy’s Creek. The fund is created in memory of the Tomkys family and Betty’s husband Jim.
The scholarship will have a maximum value of $15 000.
Four x $500 Book Bursaries will be awarded to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th placed applications.
To be eligible applicants must:
- be an Australian Citizen or have permanent resident status
- commence their studies in a Bachelor of Nursing in Semester 1, 2017
- be enrolled in a minimum of 3 study units in each of Semester 1 and Semester 2 of each year of study
- be studying on-campus.
- provide evidence of academic achievement, e.g. high school report card or post-secondary academic history, as applicable
- have a high level of academic achievement
- demonstrate a history of involvement within their school, extracurricular activities or within their local community.
- provide evidence of financial hardship. Please refer to "Frequently asked questions - What documents should I attach to show financial hardship?"
Closing dateApplications closed.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500