Nola Charlesworth Bursary
In 2017, USQ will offer one Nola Charlesworth Bursary.
The Nola Charlesworth Bursary was made possible through the contribution of Nola Charlesworth and her children. Nola was a long time Deputy Principal at Clifton High School, who had a passion for assisting children with learning difficulties. This Bursary was inspired by her desire to see local Clifton children realise their potential in a University setting. Nola bequeathed money in her will to create a bursary is for Clifton High School students who enrol at USQ. Her children also have contributed additional funds, inspired by their mother’s generosity and mutual desire to see Clifton High School students succeed.
The bursary will have a maximum value of $1 000.
To be eligible applicants must:
- be an Australian Citizen or have permanent resident status
- be a graduate of the Clifton High School
- commence their studies in a Bachelor degree in Semester 1, 2017
- be enrolled at on-campus at USQ Toowoomba
- be enrolled in a minimum of 1 study unit in Semester 1.
- submit a personal statement indicating how the bursary will assist them to achieve their future career plans
- demonstrate a history of involvement within their school, extracurricular activities or within their local community
- provide evidence of academic achievement, e.g. high school report card or post-secondary academic history, as applicable
- provide evidence of financial hardship. Refer to "Frequently asked questions - What documents should I attach to show financial hardship?"
Closing dateApplications closed.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500