Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Marketing and Hospitality Management)
- Semester 1 (February)
- Semester 2 (July)
- Semester 3 (November)
- 24 units
- 3 years or part-time equivalent
Program Information Set
Graduate with two qualifications
Love to work in the tourism industry and marketing? Become part of the booming global tourism sector with USQ’s Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Marketing and Hospitality Management). Through a partnership between USQ and TAFE, you will graduate from your degree with two qualifications – a Diploma of Hospitality from TAFE and a Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Marketing and Hospitality Management) from USQ.
You will first complete a Diploma of Hospitality at TAFE or an equivalent accredited body, and then apply directly to USQ to complete your Bachelor of Business and Commerce courses. You will also need to apply to have your studies assessed for credit towards the Bachelor of Business and Commerce.
With practical industry experience in hospitality at TAFE, combined with a thorough understanding of the principles and practices of contemporary marketing through your USQ degree, you will have all the necessary knowledge and skills to manage any hospitality environment.
As a graduate, your career opportunities may include a management or executive role in the hospitality industry in hotels, resorts, catering, tourism, events and marketing.
Other majors in the Bachelor of Business and Commerce include: Accounting, Accounting (Extended), Aviation Management and Safety, Business Law, Finance, General Commerce,Human Resource Management, Information Technology Management, International Business, Management and Leadership, Marketing, Sustainable Business, Tourism Management and Tourism and Events Management.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Commonwealth supported||AUD 10944|
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 19040|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
The lowest OP/unadjusted Rank* to which an offer was made is 18/61. OP/Ranks based upon all offers made in Semester 1, 2018.
- Subject pre-requisite: English (4, SA) or equivalent
- Mathematics A (4, SA) is assumed.
- Successfully completed a relevant diploma from a TAFE institution or equivalent accredited body.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
A number of other pathways are also available if you haven't been able to study previously or don't meet the requirements for entry into your program of interest.
Further admission information
An adjusted Selection Rank is the result of combining additional ranks through special entry schemes for admission.
Special entry schemes for admissions may help you get into the program of your choice by increasing your Selection Rank, through the allocation of additional ranks in certain circumstances.
An adjusted Selection Rank is the result of combining additional ranks with a student's OP/Selection Rank. An unadjusted Selection Rank is the student's Selection Rank without any rank adjustments.
How to apply
- Apply via QTAC (Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre) if you:
- have never studied with USQ before, or
- are a Year 12 student, or
- want to transfer to USQ from another university.
Please note down the QTAC codes below to complete your application.
- Alternatively, you may be able to apply directly to USQ if you:
- are a current or previous USQ student returning to study with complete or incomplete qualifications (excluding Head Start students), or
- have recently graduated from TAFE.
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 2, 2019 - applications close Monday 1 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 15 July 2019.
- Semester 3, 2019 - applications close Monday 4 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 18 November 2019.
- Semester 1, 2020 - applications close Friday 28 February, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 24 February 2020.
If you are applying via QTAC, you will need to check the QTAC closing dates.