Bachelor of Communication and Media (Marketing)
Build a bigger, better brand
Marketing is a critical tool in industry growth and development. Marketing professionals need to be able to understand consumer behaviour in order to create market value, generate strategies and tap into marketing channels. Learn marketing theories, principles and skills through the combination of theoretical study and practical application in USQ’s Bachelor of Communication and Media (Marketing).
You will have the opportunity to develop a skillset to equip you to work as a practising marketer in a range of product and service industries, and you will have an appreciation for global, sustainable and ethical contexts of marketing strategies and practices.
|Courses to be studied||Units|
|plus 1 x 8-unit Marketing major||8|
plus 1 x second 8-unit major from Bachelor of Communication and Media*
*The second 8-unit major or minors can be selected from the Bachelor of Communication and Media or from another USQ undergraduate program such as, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Business and Commerce, Bachelor of Information Technology, or Bachelor of Science.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Commonwealth supported||AUD 6560|
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 19520|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
The lowest OP/unadjusted Rank* to which an offer was made is 17/62. OP/Ranks based upon all offers made in Semester 1, 2018.
- Subject pre-requisite: English (4, SA) or equivalent
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
A number of other pathways are also available if you haven't been able to study previously or don't meet the requirements for entry into your program of interest.
*Further admission information
An adjusted Selection Rank is the result of combining additional ranks through special entry schemes for admission.
Special entry schemes for admissions may help you get into the program of your choice by increasing your Selection Rank, through the allocation of additional ranks in certain circumstances.
An adjusted Selection Rank is the result of combining additional ranks with a student's OP/Selection Rank. An unadjusted Selection Rank is the student's Selection Rank without any rank adjustments.
USQ is committed to greater admissions transparency. Learn more about the education and work experience, as well as average OP/Ranks for this programs' student cohort for Semester 1, 2018.
How to apply
- Apply via QTAC (Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre) if you:
- have never studied with USQ before, or
- are a Year 12 student, or
- want to transfer to USQ from another university.
Please note down the QTAC codes below to complete your application.
- Alternatively, you may be able to apply directly to USQ if you:
- are a current or previous USQ student returning to study with complete or incomplete qualifications (excluding Head Start students), or
- have recently graduated from TAFE.
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 2, 2019 - applications close Friday 19 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 15 July 2019.
- Semester 3, 2019 - applications close Monday 4 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 18 November 2019.
- Semester 1, 2020 - applications close Friday 28 February, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 24 February 2020.
If you are applying via QTAC, you will need to check the QTAC closing dates.