- The Water Science major is an integration of water dynamics, surface processes, climate and resource utilisation and management, with a focus on Australia’s unique inland river, floodplain and groundwater systems.
- Within this practical and industry-orientated major you will explore different aspects of water science and hydrological modelling.
- USQ is at the forefront of water modelling as part of water science and engineering, working closely with the Queensland Government, consulting firms, Natural Resource Management groups and the Queensland Water Modelling Network (QWMN).
- Explore and expand your knowledge with field studies of water resources and freshwater ecosystems, survey and monitoring techniques, data analysis, and site visits to water resource and renewable energy facilities.
- Study alongside our expert lecturers, researching relevant and innovative topics such as how the changing climate affects water resources.
Graduates may choose to undertake further study in environmental science (e.g. Bachelor of Science (Honours), Master of Science, or PhD) in collaboration with one of our closely aligned research centres: Centre for Applied Climate Sciences and Centre for Sustainable Agricultural Systems.