- We live in an increasingly connected world where new challenges are presented every day. Our world needs people with the skills to realise the potential of existing technologies, to exploit the opportunities of new technologies, and to help businesses and organisations navigate through this maze.
- The information and communications sector has been identified as having a significant shortage of trained professionals, with the expectation that this shortfall will continue into the future. Now is the time to take that first step into a career that will be dynamic, global and in demand.
- If you know you want a career in IT but don’t want to narrow your focus too early, the Information Systems Development major is ideal. You will gain a broad range of skills with the aim of helping you become a versatile and adaptable employee, equally adept at addressing both technical and business issues.
- Gain significant analysis and design experience in the business context, while also developing an understanding of the broader architecture of information systems and the principles of modern software engineering practice.
- Undertake detailed study of the .NET framework and Java development environments, as well as network management in tandem with a one-year database sequence.