What is it like to be a Brand manager?
Brand managers are responsible for monitoring market trends and competitor activity, to ensure a brand is positioned accurately in the market place and is being well-perceived and appealing to the target audience.
Brand managers are the ‘gate-keepers’ of the brand’s visual identity, as well as also non-visual identity, such as the customer or client’s experience with the brand. Brand managers ensure all marketing and communication initiatives produced across an entire company, have brand integrity and represent the brand well. Brand managers typically work in a business or corporation, either being in-charge of a team, or working amongst a department.
This data shows historical and projected employment levels (thousands) for this occupation. Data should be used as a guide only. Where exact job data has not been available, data from a related field has been used. Source: ABS Labour Force Survey.
Is it right for me?
As a brand manager, you will have close attention to detail and the ability to multi-task across multiple projects. You further possess the following attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Effective time-management and organisational skills
- A willingness to listen
- Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Management and Leadership)
- Bachelor of Communication and Media (Advertising)
- Bachelor of Communication and Media (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Public Relations and Marketing
Which pathway is best for you is individual in nature. Contact a career counsellor to explore these options further.