Study a degree in Early Childhood education and give young people a strong start in their learning development.
- Specialise in the development and care of children from birth to 8 years.
- Learn skills in implementing teaching programs and learning environments that focus on the child's development including planning play activities; storytelling and music; organising excursions and monitoring the child's development; and identification of developmental issues and recommending appropriate follow-up pathways.
- Gain practical hands-on classroom skills with our professional activities and opportunities to engage with teachers.
- Bachelor of Education graduates are eligible to apply for teacher registration with the Queensland College of Teachers.
- Both Bachelor of Early Childhood and Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) graduates can apply for Kindergarten teacher positions in early childhood services and standalone kindergartens, funded by the Queensland Kindergarten Funding Scheme (QKFS).
- Upon completion of a Bachelor of Early Childhood, students who wish to become registered teachers can seamlessly transition into the Bachelor of Education.
Queensland College of Teachers compiled a report called Why choose teaching? A Matter of Choice: Evidence from the Field to help you understand why and for who teaching may be suited.