Geographic Information Systems
We have all used Google Maps to check out our next holiday destination and zoomed downed to street view to see that the hotel exists. Systems like Google Earth and Google Maps are basically Geographic Information Systems and provide digital mapping and spatial information to millions of users.
- Whether you want to find the best location for a new bank branch, create a 3D model of a city or use satellite images to map the habitat of the rare bilby, USQ can get your Spatial Science career underway.
- Study topics in satellite imagery and laser measurement systems for 3D mapping and visualisation with the latest technology.
- USQ is Australia’s No. 1 provider for Spatial Science programs.
- Many of USQ’s Spatial Science students secure professional employment before they graduate through the work experience they have gained throughout their degree.
- Graduates are eligible to apply for membership with the Surveying and Spatial Sciences Institute Australia.