Graduate Certificate of Business (Business Administration)
- Semester 1 (February)
- Semester 2 (July)
- Semester 3 (November)
- 4 units
- 0.5 years or part-time equivalent
Program Information Set
Foundations for success
USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Business (Business Administration) will equip you with the necessary skills to ensure the ethical practice and business sustainability of an organisation and prepare you for work in any business environment, including the virtual office environment.
Throughout your studies you will develop managerial and administrative techniques to help you lead and support your team to success and reach the goals of your organisation.
After completing the Graduate Certificate of Business (Business Administration), you have the option to take the credit from your studies and go on to complete the Graduate Diploma of Business or the Master of Business Administration.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (4 units) in this program are:
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 11200|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Completion of an Australian university Bachelor degree in any area, or equivalent.
- A minimum of five years’ professional work experience, or equivalent.
Supporting evidence for admission through work experience only
Evidence of work experience is required to demonstrate equivalence to a Bachelor Degree at AQF level 7 through:
- A curriculum vitae or professional LinkedIn profile which provides details of:
- Organisation name
- Position title
- Start and end dates of employment for each position
- Type of employment (full-time, part-time or casual)
- Key duties, responsibilities and achievements for which you must provide evidence to demonstrate how you meet knowledge, skills and application of skills (PDF 38KB) equivalent to a Bachelor Degree and AQF level 7 as follows:
- Names, position titles and contact details of referees (employers or supervisors) who will be able to verify the nature of your work for the period of 5 years. Referees may be contacted by USQ and should be able to provide details on, but not limited to: communication skills, self-directed work and learning, managing people or client accounts, managerial responsibilities for any major projects and/or financial delegation accountabilities.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
A number of other pathways are also available if you haven't been able to study previously or don't meet the requirements for entry into your program of interest.
How to apply
To apply for this degree:
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 3, 2018 - applications close Monday 5 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 19 November 2018.
- Semester 1, 2019 - applications close Monday 18 February, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 25 February 2019.
- Semester 2, 2019 - applications close Monday 1 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 15 July 2019.