Graduate Certificate of Business (NDIS Studies)
Support Australians living with a disability
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is the new way support will be provided for Australians with a disability, their families and carers. This scheme will mean growth in the disability sector’s workforce and opportunities for you.
Completing the Graduate Certificate of Business (NDIS Studies) will provide you with the skills to lead organisations that deliver high quality services to meet the needs of people with disability.
This specialised degree is ideal if you’re already working in the disability sector and looking to advance your career, or if you’re a professional transferring into disability services from another sector.
In this innovative degree you will learn about disability services, understand regulations within the NDIS, ethical practice, decision making, leadership and management and legislative policy and practice related to disability services.
Further studyAfter completing the Graduate Certificate of Business (NDIS Studies), you can apply for credit to go on to complete the Graduate Diploma of Business, Master of Business Administration or Master of Project Management.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (4 units) in this program are:
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 11200|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Completion of an Australian university Bachelor degree in any area, or equivalent.
- A minimum of five years’ professional work experience, or equivalent.
Supporting evidence for admission through work experience only
Evidence of work experience is required to demonstrate equivalence to a Bachelor Degree at AQF level 7 through:
- A curriculum vitae or professional LinkedIn profile which provides details of:
- Organisation name
- Position title
- Start and end dates of employment for each position
- Type of employment (full-time, part-time or casual)
- Key duties, responsibilities and achievements for which you must provide evidence to demonstrate how you meet knowledge, skills and application of skills (PDF 38KB) equivalent to a Bachelor Degree and AQF level 7 as follows:
- Names, position titles and contact details of referees (employers or supervisors) who will be able to verify the nature of your work for the period of 5 years. Referees may be contacted by USQ and should be able to provide details on, but not limited to: communication skills, self-directed work and learning, managing people or client accounts, managerial responsibilities for any major projects and/or financial delegation accountabilities.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
A number of other pathways are also available if you haven't been able to study previously or don't meet the requirements for entry into your program of interest.
How to apply
To apply for this degree:
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 1, 2019 - applications close Monday 18 February, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 25 February 2019.
- Semester 2, 2019 - applications close Monday 1 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 15 July 2019.