Graduate Diploma of Counselling
Start or expand your counselling career
The Graduate Diploma of Counselling will give you the advanced knowledge and expertise to prepare for, or extend, your practices in a range of specialist counselling areas, as well as fulfill part of the requirements towards eligibility for professional counselling association membership.
The Graduate Diploma of Counselling specifically contributes towards entry requirements for the counselling profession, while the other specialisations are designed to build specific counselling assessment and intervention skills for working within a range of contexts and with a wide variety of issues and populations.
Your study options
- Alcohol and Drug Studies
- Child, Youth and Family Therapy
- Foundations of Practice
- Mental Health Counselling
Our Graduate Diploma of Counselling is a stepping stone into the Master of Counselling, giving you the opportunity to fulfill your counsellor training.
- The Graduate Diploma of Counselling (Mental Health Counselling) is designed to meet the PACFA Mental Health Practitioner Competencies. This qualification may assist Clinical Members of PACFA (Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia) who are applying for registration as mental health practitioners.
- The Graduate Diploma of Counselling (Foundations of Practice) is designed to address most of the training standards in the PACFA Training Standards 2018.
- Graduates of the Graduate Diploma of Counselling will be able to apply for membership of the Australian Counselling Association (ACA) and registration as a Counsellor with the Australian Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (ARCAP). Registration as a Counsellor on the national counsellor register (ARCAP) can be via membership with ACA or PACFA.