Graduate Diploma of Counselling
Start or expand your counselling career
The Graduate Diploma of Counselling will give you the advanced knowledge and expertise to prepare for, or extend, your practices in a range of specialist counselling areas, as well as fulfill part of the requirements towards eligibility for professional counselling association membership.
The Graduate Diploma of Counselling specifically contributes towards entry requirements for the counselling profession, while the other specialisations are designed to build specific counselling assessment and intervention skills for working within a range of contexts and with a wide variety of issues and populations.
Your study options
- Alcohol and Drug Studies
- Child, Youth and Family Therapy
- Clinical Supervision
- Foundations of Practice
- Mental Health Counselling
Our Graduate Diploma of Counselling is a stepping stone into the Master of Counselling, giving you the opportunity to fulfill your counsellor training.
- The Graduate Diploma of Counselling (Clinical Supervision) is designed to meet the PACFA Supervisor Training Standards.
- The Graduate Diploma of Counselling (Mental Health Counselling) is designed to meet the PACFA Mental Health Practitioner Mental Health Competencies.
- The Graduate Diploma of Counselling is designed to partially meet training standards in the PACFA Training Standards 2014.
- Graduates of the Graduate Diploma of Counselling will be able to apply for membership of the Australian Counselling Association (ACA) and registration as a Counsellor with the Australian Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.