Graduate Diploma of Health (Rural and Remote Health)
- Semester 1 (February)
- Semester 2 (July)
- 8 units
- 2 years part-time equivalent
Expand your health care knowledge
USQ’s Graduate Diploma of Health (Rural and Remote Health) will allow you to delve further in to topics relevant with rural and remote health care. If you are a registered nurse wishing to further your knowledge and advance your skills in rural and isolated practice, this specialisation is ideal for you.
Successful completion of the Graduate Diploma of Health will qualify you to continue on to the Master of Health, where you will have the opportunity to enhance your career opportunities as a specialist in your chosen field of study.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for international students' first year of study (8 units) in this program:
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Completion of an Australian university three year bachelor degree in a health-related field, or equivalent.
- Be registered as a Division 1 Registered Nurse and must be able to demonstrate at least one years' full-time clinical experience. Applicants must provide a detailed CV including education, clinical experience, professional development, and full time equivalent for each employer.
USQ requires written confirmation that the applicant is currently practicing as an Registered Nurse and can complete required hours of clinical mentorship in their workplace.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
How to apply
USQ accepts applications all year. Semester start dates are:
- Semester 1, 2020 - Monday 24 February 2020.
- Semester 2, 2020 - Monday 13 July 2020.