Graduate Diploma of Information Technology
Haven’t studied IT before?
The Graduate Diploma of Information Technology is great for students from disciplines other than computing or information systems to gain professional qualifications in computing.
Problem-solvers and innovative thinkers
USQ’s information technology degrees are flexible and relevant to the ever-changing IT environment. As a graduate, you will become a better problem-solver and innovative thinker. You will possess a high academic standard and competitive advantage in a career that is dynamic, global and in demand.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 20245|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
One of the following:
- hold a Bachelor's degree from an Australian university in a non-computing discipline, or
- an equivalent qualification or relevant work experience approved by the Faculty of Health, Engineering and Sciences.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
A number of other pathways are also available if you haven't been able to study previously or don't meet the requirements for entry into your program of interest.
How to apply
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 2, 2019 - applications close Monday 1 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 15 July 2019.
- Semester 3, 2019 - applications close Monday 4 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 18 November 2019.
- Semester 1, 2020 - applications close Friday 28 February, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 24 February 2020.