A career in counselling is a rewarding experience, where your therapeutic skills and knowledge can assist people to make life-enhancing emotional, mental and lifestyle changes. At USQ we will prepare you for the growing need for counsellors in our society, so you have the right skills to assist people to better their lives.
- Employment for Counsellors is expected to grow very strongly, with the possibility of between 10,001 to 25,000 job openings to November 2020 (Job Outlook, 2017).
- Over 80% of counsellors have a bachelor degree or higher (Job Outlook, 2017)
- Are you a registered Counsellor, Psychologist or Social Worker? The Master of Counselling (Advanced Practice) is the perfect way to upskill in your profession.
- Do you have an undergraduate degree and are interested in gaining a counselling qualification? The Master of Counselling (Foundations of Practice) will provide you with the skills required for counselling.
- USQ is currently seeking accreditation with the Australian Community Workers Association (ACWA) for counselling specialisation at USQ. If you successfully complete 400 hours of professional placement in the Bachelor of Human Services (Counselling), you will be eligible for ACWA accreditation.
- Dependent on courses completed you may be eligible for membership with the Australian Counselling Association and the Australian Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
- Our Master of Counselling is designed to meet Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia requirements.
Training in counselling enhances employability across the community services sector, and integrates well into other disciplines. At USQ, counselling can be taken as a major within psychology, human services, and science degrees, or studied within a dedicated counselling postgraduate qualification.