Sport and Exercise
Become a champion of movement. If you want a career focused on developing your expertise in sport, exercise, nutrition and general well-being, then this is the field for you. University-qualified sports performance and health and exercise graduates are in high demand as the community develops a greater awareness of their health and fitness.
- Study the science behind fitness and exercise, and explore areas such as nutrition, psychology, management, finance and tourism to enhance your career prospects. At USQ, researchers are working with clubs and sporting organisations around the globe to maximise human performance at all levels of sport and active recreation.
- Develop knowledge and understanding about the health and fitness of people across their whole lifespan, including the elderly, pregnant women, children and those with chronic disease and disability.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to complete professional placements to gain valuable industry experience, expand your professional network and develop practical skills.
- Study the Bachelor of Sport and Exercise (Honours) (Clinical Exercise Physiology) to qualify as an Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA)-accredited exercise physiologist (pending external accreditation). An ESSA accreditation will allow you to, once graduated from the Bachelor of Sport and Exercise (Honours), apply for a Medicare provider number to be recognised by private health funds as an Accredited Exercise Physiologist.
- USQ’s research in Human Movement and Sports Science is rated well above world standard. (ERA, 2018)
University-qualified sports performance and health and exercise graduates are in high demand as the community develops a greater awareness of their health and fitness. Graduates of Sport and Exercise degrees often secure positions as exercise physiologists, sports coach, fitness centre managers and personal trainers. The knowledge gained with a sport and exercise degree can also lead to a career in nutrition, finance and tourism.