Editing and Publishing
Do you have a passion for words? Are you a budding author, editor or publisher aiming to bring the next best-seller to market? Perhaps you’re a published writer wanting to understand the future of the editing and publishing profession, or you’re an editor and want to start your own publishing imprint? Join the creative and dynamic field of editing and publishing and see where your love of words could take you!
- Develop your abilities in structural editing, copyediting, proofreading, digital publishing and professional writing.
- Collaborate with writers, designers and artists and learn from industry-leading lecturers who have published dozens of creative works.
- Understand the direction of the editing and publishing industry and explore the possibilities for the future of publishing.
- Beyond your love for words, understand more about book production management, including negotiating contracts, copyright, costings, production and all-important marketing.
- Build your portfolio with the opportunity to produce a large-scale editing and publishing project.
Get hands-on experience in degrees such as our Master of Arts (Editing and Publishing). You will complete a professional, 70-hour digital internship where you will work on an exciting book project with a professional publisher, or work with a literary festival or established magazine or journal. You will also work on USQ’s own speculative fiction magazine, Kepler452B.
Qualifications in editing and publishing could lead to a number of exciting careers, from traditional roles in print, to digital-based editing and publishing. You will have the skills necessary to be a successful editor, publisher, professional writer, book project manager, book promoter or author in either in-house or freelance positions.
Find out how to become a: