Master of Adaptive Leadership
- Semester 1 (February)
- Semester 2 (July)
- Semester 3 (November)
- 16 units
- 2 year/s or part-time equivalent
A degree for industry, designed by industry
Are you an emerging leader in a management role and looking to extend your skillsets in leadership practice?
With a focus on how to become a contemporary leader, the Master of Adaptive Leadership will help you to develop a toolkit of leadership skills that you can apply in practice. Emerge as a world-class leader by exploring the psychology of the leader and the leaders mind, how to lead change, and how to build teams for success.
Aimed at industry professionals, you will learn about your leadership style, why leader ethics sets you apart as a leader, and why the process of becoming a leader is more important than learning ‘about’ leadership. A key strength of this degree is the chance to work with industry in applying the knowledge learned. It provides the competitive edge you are searching for and helps you leverage your career towards greater success. Join our Business graduates who earn the highest starting salary in Queensland (Good Universities Guide, 2020).
Upon successful completion of the Master of Adaptive Leadership, you have the opportunity to move into the Doctor of Business Administration.
If you want to start with a shorter postgraduate degree, or don't meet the entry requirements of the Masters, the Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Coaching is a pathway option into the Master of Adaptive Leadership.
As a graduate, you will be skilled in adaptive leadership situations between leaders and followers, mentoring and coaching, how to build successful teams, and how to apply organisational learning and change management knowledge to help solve critical problem scenarios.
Graduates find work in a variety of organisations from small business start-ups to large companies through to the public sector. Specific careers may include roles as a CEO or General Manager, Senior or Group Executive Manager, Middle Leader, Director or Deputy Director, Deputy or School Principal.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 24270|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- completion of a bachelor degree, or equivalent, in any area of study from a recognised institution
- a minimum of 5 years' full-time equivalent professional work experience, or equivalent
- a statutory declaration from the applicant stating that they are able to access a suitable work situation to complete the work-based components of this degree.
- USQ's Graduate Certificate of Leadership and Coaching can provide a pathway into the Master of Adaptive Leadership. Upon completion and achievement of a minimum GPA of 4.0, graduates will be eligible for entry into the Master of Adaptive Leadership.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
How to apply
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 1, 2020 - applications close Friday 6 March, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 24 February 2020.
- Semester 2, 2020 - applications close Friday 24 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 13 July 2020.
- Semester 3, 2020 - applications close Friday 20 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 16 November 2020.