Master of Arts (Creative Arts)
Stand out from the crowd
You will have the opportunity to undertake a specialised project in Creative or Applied Media, Music, Theatre or Visual Arts. To cater to your interests, you will be able to focus on your area of expertise through studio time and targeted supervision. At USQ, we will support you in further developing your skills and building your portfolio with a variety of practical and theory topics in your degree.
Graduates can expect enhanced career opportunities in creative arts practice and creative industry with their extended expertise and skills gained from the Master of Arts (Creative Arts), along with a further opportunity to go in to teaching.
|Courses to be studied||Units|
|4-UNIT DISSERTATION STRAND|
|plus 2 x dissertation courses1||4|
| 6-UNIT DISSERTATION STRAND
|plus 3 x dissertation courses1||6|
1 Two unit course
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 18240|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Completion of a Bachelor degree such as Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Creative Arts, or other approved award at USQ or another accredited tertiary institution, with a minimum GPA of 5.0
- A minimum of two years professional experience in the Creative Arts field.
- You must have completed a major in a creative arts discipline area previously or have equivalent professional experience
- You are also required to include a report of no more than five pages, addressing the criteria below, and a 300 word description of the proposed project. Please advise the following:
- how your proposed research will advance your professional knowledge in a manner that is appropriate to your career progression/aspirations
- how your proposed research will evaluate and critically analyse a range of theories and methodologies pertaining to your sector/field in the creative arts
- how your proposed research will be managed and evaluated - detail the resources you will need to complete this project (include equipment, personnel etc)
- what your perceived outcome is for this research/project and who (other than yourself) stands to benefit from your research/project.
Students intending to undertake research or project work should note that selection of any research topic is subject to the availability of an appropriate supervisor and students must accept faculty guidance in their selection.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
How to apply
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 2, 2019 - applications close Friday 19 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 15 July 2019.
- Semester 1, 2020 - applications close Friday 28 February, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 24 February 2020.