Master of Business Administration and Master of Professional Accounting
- Semester 1 (February)
- Semester 2 (July)
- Semester 3 (November)
- 20 units
- 2.5 years or part-time equivalent
Program Information Set
Become an accountant and gain a competitive edge in business
The Master of Business Administration and Master of Professional Accounting double degree provides you with the opportunity to gain the knowledge and skills required for professional accounting, while also developing an understanding of the broader management context, better preparing you for senior management roles.
You will receive a separate testamur (official certificate) for each degree and will be able to complete the double degree in less time than if you chose to study the two degrees separately.
The program satisfies the educational entrance requirements of both CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ). This provides associate membership of CPA Australia, eligibility to study the CPA professional exams and eligibility to study the CAANZ professional exams.
If you are already a graduate in accounting from an overseas university, we recommend that you obtain a qualification assessment from CPA Australia before applying to us. It is possible that you may only be required to complete fewer courses to achieve associate membership. These can be studied through a Graduate Certificate in Business. If you are an overseas candidate seeking membership of your home country accounting body, full members of CPA Australia and/or CAANZ are usually offered reciprocal membership. This is a fast-track to become a qualified accountant in your home country.
Successful completion of the Master of Professional Accounting program can qualify students for exemptions from the Fundamental level (9 papers) of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) exams. For further details please refer to the ACCA website.
With the MBA, you will be qualified for a range of positions in public or private sections both nationally and all over the world. Your expertise could land you a job in some of the fastest paced and most interesting careers in the business world.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 22430|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
A bachelors degree in a business-related discipline with a minimum GPA of 4.0
Minimum of 2 years' full-time relevant professional work experience
Supporting evidence for program admission
Academic qualifications are proven by certified copies of completed qualifications.
Evidence of work experience is proven through:
- Curriculum vitae or professional LinkedIn profile which provides evidence of work experience, including:
- Organisation name
- Position title
- Start and end dates of employment for each position
- Type of employment (full-time, part-time or casual)
- Key duties, responsibilities and achievements.
- Names, position titles and contact details of referees (employers or supervisors) who will be able to verify the nature of your work for the period of 2 years. Referees may be contacted by USQ and should be able to provide details on responsibilities including but not limited to: managing people or client accounts, managerial responsibilities for any major projects and/or financial delegation accountabilities.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
How to apply
Note: Semester 3 intake is only available via distance education.
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 1, 2018 - applications close Monday 19 February, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 26 February 2018.
- Semester 2, 2018 – applications close Monday 2 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 16 July 2018.
- Semester 3, 2018 - applications close Monday 5 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 19 November 2018.