Master of Business Administration (Business Leadership)
- Semester 1 (February)
- Semester 2 (July)
- Semester 3 (November)
- 12 units
- 1.5 years or part-time equivalent
Program Information Set
Study one of Australia’s largest MBAs.
USQ’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) has ranked 11th in the world for best online MBA and achieved a Tier One rating (CEO Magazine, 2018).
Gain a competitive edge and learn about change and sustainability across global markets and contexts, as well as areas of contemporary business management with USQ's Master of Business Administration.
The emphasis is on developing advanced analytical and process skills, helping you to understand and make critical decisions about change, and developing strategies to address such changes.
Why Business Leadership?
Industry demand is booming for business professionals with specific skills in leadership and change management. USQ’s Master of Business Administration (Business Leadership) will provide you with the professional frameworks necessary to execute successful business leadership practices. During your studies you will explore the complexities of strategic leadership, team leadership and how to become an adaptive and authentic leader within contemporary organisations. Key parts of the business leadership specialisation include corporate governance, ethical practices, strategic change and the application of leadership principles in practice.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 22430|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Australian university Bachelor degree in the area of business, or equivalent
- a minimum of two years’ professional work experience, or equivalent.
Note: USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Business provides a pathway into the Master of Business Administration for students who meet the work experience requirements but do not hold a Graduate Certificate at AQF level 8 or equivalent.
Supporting evidence for program admission
Evidence of work experience is proven through:
- Curriculum vitae or professional LinkedIn profile which provides evidence of work experience, including:
- Organisation name
- Position title
- Start and end dates of employment for each position
- Type of employment (full-time, part-time or casual)
- Key duties, responsibilities and achievements.
- Names, position titles and contact details of referees (employers or supervisors) who will be able to verify the nature of your work for the period of 2 years. Referees may be contacted by USQ and should be able to provide details on responsibilities including but not limited to: managing people or client accounts, managerial responsibilities for any major projects and/or financial delegation accountabilities.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
How to apply
To apply for this degree:
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 3, 2018 - applications close Friday 23 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 19 November 2018.
- Semester 1, 2019 - applications close Monday 18 February, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 25 February 2019.
- Semester 2, 2019 - applications close Monday 1 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 15 July 2019.