- The Master of Counselling will give you the knowledge and expertise to upskill to an advanced level in a number of specialist counselling areas, as well as research principles and methods.
- There are two options of study.
- The Master of Counselling (Foundations Practice) is an entry qualification into the counselling profession. Entry into the Master of Counselling (Foundations of Practice) requires completion of the Graduate Diploma of Counselling at USQ or equivalent.
- The Master of Counselling (Advanced Practice) is for qualified professionals in counselling, psychology, mental health nursing, or social work who wish to extend their professional development without being required to repeat foundational counselling training.
- The Master of Counselling provides you with the opportunity to undertake research into issues that are relevant to the counselling field, such as counsellor/counsellee communications, online therapeutic interventions, and relevance of diagnostic criteria across cultural boundaries.
- You can study our Master of Counselling online, to make it easier to fit study into your life.
- Master of Counselling is accredited by the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) and the Australian Counselling Association (ACA).