- USQ’s Master of Data Science provides an opportunity for graduates from all disciplines to gain useful knowledge in Big Data. Data Science helps organisations to extract new insights from raw data; insights which inform the development of new products, improved services and new businesses in our increasingly data reliant world.
- Work independently and collaboratively to apply key ICT and data science technologies and programming skills to interpret major theories and critically investigate and solve contemporary core issues in a global market.
- You will have the opportunity to decide between two different pathways of research in your masters degree:
- Research Project track — this pathway equips you with research skills and enables you to develop a research thesis in applied data science through an independent project in your chosen disciplinary application area.
- Research Training track — this pathway allows you to develop your research capability and gain specialised cognitive and technical including computational and information system skills to prepare for a professional career in science or your chosen disciplinary application area.
Upon successful completion of the Master of Data Science, students have the opportunity to move into PhD study.