Master of Education (Guidance & Counselling)
- CRICOS: 095996J
- Semester 1 (February)
- Semester 2 (July)
- Semester 3 (November)
- 12 units
- 1.5 year/s or part-time equivalent
Make a difference in the lives of others
Are you wishing to extend your teaching career into the field of Guidance and Counselling as a guidance officer, guidance counsellor or school counsellor? The Master of Education (Guidance and Counselling) will help prepare you to make this transition.
We recognise that maintaining a healthy work, life and study balance is important. That is why this degree is offered online, giving you the flexibility to study anywhere, anytime.
If you are not sure whether you would like to complete an entire Masters degree, apply to study USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Education, Graduate Diploma of Education (Commonwealth Supported Place) or Graduate Diploma of Education (Full Fee Paying) and take the credit from your studies to the Master of Education if you decide to continue studying.
Develop research skills
A significant component of your studies will be research courses designed to expand your understanding of the role of education in society, and the challenges faced by educators in rapidly changing, multicultural communities.The Research Specialisation has a practical emphasis on innovative and creative approaches to solving current issues in the education environment. You can use your own experiences as a backdrop to your studies and develop a research project based on your current workplace.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for international students' first year of study (8 units) in this program:
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Pre-requisite: 3-year bachelor degree, or equivalent, from a recognised university
- Approved bachelor degree, or equivalent, in education.
- Candidates with a bachelor degree, or equivalent, in a non-related discipline may be eligible for entry into USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Education. Upon completion and achievement of a minimum GPA of 4.0, they may apply for entry into the Master of Education.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
Pathway programs are also available if you don't meet the English entry requirements mentioned above.
How to apply
USQ accepts applications all year. Semester start dates are:
- Semester 1, 2020 - Monday 24 February 2020.
- Semester 2, 2020 - Monday 13 July 2020.
- Semester 3, 2020 - Monday 16 November 2020.