Master of Education (TESOL)
- Semester 1 (February)
- Semester 2 (July)
- Semester 3 (November)
- 12 units
- 1.5 years or part-time equivalent
Program Information Set
Become a leader in your field
USQ’s Master of Education (TESOL) (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is designed for practitioners who are aspiring leaders in the field of English language teaching. This specialisation will broaden your knowledge of the importance of language and your knowledge of contemporary English language teaching methodology.
If you are not sure whether you would like to complete an entire Masters degree, apply to study USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Education, Graduate Diploma of Education (Commonwealth Supported Place) (for domestic students only) or Graduate Diploma of Education (Full Fee Paying) and take the credit from your studies to the Master of Education if you decide to continue studying.
Develop research skills
A significant component of your studies will be research courses designed to expand your understanding of the role of education in society, and the challenges faced by educators in rapidly changing, multicultural communities. The Research Specialisation has a practical emphasis on innovative and creative approaches to solving current issues in the education environment. You can use your own experiences as a backdrop to your studies and develop a research project based on your current workplace.
Specialisations in the Master of Education (Full Fee Paying) include: Adult, Professional and Workplace Learning, Applied Linguistics, Career Development, Curriculum and Pedagogical Leadership,Leading and Managing Educational Organisations, Multicultural Education and Online and Distributed Learning.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Commonwealth supported||AUD 6560|
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 18980|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Approved bachelor degree, or equivalent, in education.
- Candidates with a bachelor degree, or equivalent, in a non-related discipline may be eligible for entry into USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Education. Upon completion and achievement of a minimum GPA of 4.0, they may apply for entry into the Master of Education.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
How to apply
To apply for this degree:
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 1, 2019 - applications close Friday 8 March, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 25 February 2019.
- Semester 2, 2019 - applications close Monday 1 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 15 July 2019.
- Semester 3, 2019 - applications close Monday 4 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 18 November 2019.