Master of Education (Educational Leadership)
Enhance your leadership expertise
USQ’s Master of Education (Education Leadership) is designed to prepare you for a leadership role within an Education context. Focusing on building and enhancing leadership capacity in aspiring and existing leaders, you will be at the forefront of contemporary educational practice.
You will also enhance your knowledge of curricula development, explore pedagogical practices for diverse environments and how best to lead, coach and mentor a high-performance educational team. Expand your understanding of the role of education in society, and the challenges faced by educators in rapidly changing, multicultural communities.
Develop research skills
The Research Specialisation has a practical emphasis on innovative and creative approaches to solving current issues in the education environment. You can use your own experiences as a backdrop to your studies and develop a research project based on your current workplace.
If you are not sure whether you would like to complete an entire Masters degree, apply to study USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Education, or Graduate Diploma of Education and take the credit from your studies to the Master of Education if you decide to continue studying.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 21520|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Approved bachelor degree, or equivalent, in education.
- Candidates with a bachelor degree, or equivalent, in a non-related discipline may be eligible for entry into USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Education. Upon completion and achievement of a minimum GPA of 4.0, they may apply for entry into the Master of Education.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
How to apply
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 1, 2020 - applications close Friday 6 March, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 24 February 2020.
- Semester 2, 2020 - applications close Friday 17 July (QTAC) and 24 July (direct), with semester 2 commencing on Monday 13 July 2020.
- Semester 3, 2020 - applications close Friday 20 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 16 November 2020.
If you are applying via QTAC, you will need to check the QTAC closing dates.