Master of Education (Leading and Managing Educational Organisations)
Prepare for a leadership role
USQ’s Master of Education (Leading and Managing Educational Organisations) is designed to prepare you for a leadership role within an Education context. It focuses on building and enhancing leadership capacity in aspiring and existing leaders and will keep you at the forefront of contemporary educational practice.
If you are not sure whether you would like to complete an entire Masters degree, apply to study USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Education, Graduate Diploma of Education (Commonwealth Supported Place) or Graduate Diploma of Education (Full Fee Paying) and take the credit from your studies to the Master of Education if you decide to continue studying.
Develop research skills
A significant component of your studies will be research courses designed to expand your understanding of the role of education in society, and the challenges faced by educators in rapidly changing, multicultural communities. The Research Specialisation has a practical emphasis on innovative and creative approaches to solving current issues in the education environment. You can use your own experiences as a backdrop to your studies and develop a research project based on your current workplace.
Graduates of the the Master of Education (Leading and Managing Educational Organisations) will be well prepared to secure leadership positions within schools and the education system.
Specialisations in the Master of Education (Full Fee Paying) include: Adult, Professional and Workplace Learning, Applied Linguistics, Career Development, Curriculum and Pedagogical Leadership, Multicultural Education and Online and Distributed Learning.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 18980|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Approved bachelor degree, or equivalent, in education.
- Candidates with a bachelor degree, or equivalent, in a non-related discipline may be eligible for entry into USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Education. Upon completion and achievement of a minimum GPA of 4.0, they may apply for entry into the Master of Education.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
How to apply
To apply for this degree:
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 1, 2018 - applications close Monday 19 February, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 26 February 2018.
- Semester 2, 2018 – applications close Monday 2 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 16 July 2018.
- Semester 3, 2018 - applications close Monday 5 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 19 November 2018.