Master of Education (STEM Education)
Expand your skills as a science, technology, engineering and mathematics educatorSTEM (Science, Technology, Education, Mathematics) education is critically important for our current and future productivity. The interdisciplinary and applied approach to teaching science, technology, engineering and mathematics integrates the different curriculum areas from a problem solving approach.
Due to continual advances in technology, the way students learn, connect and interact on a daily basis are continually changing. At USQ, you will receive the knowledge to ensure your students are challenged to become successful critical and creative thinkers of the 21st century. Teachers within STEM guide students to apply their knowledge and understandings, inquire into their world, and solve complex, authentic problems involving contextually rich projects.
If you are not sure whether you would like to complete an entire Masters degree, apply to study USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Education, Graduate Diploma of Education (Commonwealth Supported Place) or Graduate Diploma of Education (Full Fee Paying) and take the credit from your studies to the Master of Education if you decide to continue studying.
Develop research skills
A significant component of your studies will be research courses designed to expand your understanding of the role of education in society, and the challenges faced by educators in rapidly changing, multicultural communities. The Research specialisation has a practical emphasis on innovative and creative approaches to solving current issues in the education environment. You can use your own experiences as a backdrop to your studies and develop a research project based on your current workplace.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 21520|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Approved bachelor degree, or equivalent, in education.
- Candidates with a bachelor degree, or equivalent, in a non-related discipline may be eligible for entry into USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Education. Upon completion and achievement of a minimum GPA of 4.0, they may apply for entry into the Master of Education.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
How to apply
To apply for this degree:
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 1, 2020 - applications close Friday 6 March, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 24 February 2020.
- Semester 2, 2020 - applications close Friday 17 July (QTAC) and 24 July (direct), with semester 2 commencing on Monday 13 July 2020.
- Semester 3, 2020 - applications close Friday 20 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 16 November 2020.
If you are applying via QTAC, you will need to check the QTAC closing dates.