- Want to be a teacher and already have a bachelor degree in another discipline? The Master of Learning and Teaching (Secondary) allows you to become a registered high school teacher in just 18 months.
- Be equipped with the teaching methods, behaviour management skills, and confidence to work, inspire and educate adolescents and young adults.
- Want a chance to receive $20,000 to cover study expenses, a second-year paid internship on fulltime salary, and an offer of permanent employment upon graduation? USQ is one of only two universities in Queensland to offer prospective students the opportunity to apply for the government’s Turn to Teaching Internship Program. Find out if you are eligible at the Department of Education website.
- Choose from 22 teaching areas of specialisation, with credit available for prior learning and industry experience.
- With 60 days of placement and 50 hours of service learning in a non-classroom setting, you’ll be prepared to teach the leaders of our future.
Upon completion of the Master of Learning and Teaching (Secondary), you are eligible to apply for the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).