Before you leave home
We understand that moving to a new country and starting university involves a lot of planning, and there are a number of things which you can do before you leave home.
1. Book your flight to Australia
If you from arriving after the semester start date, you will require written approval from the University to commence your studies or you may need to defer your studies. Please contact USQ International before leaving your country, to confirm your offer will still be valid.
2. Book your accommodation
It is important to arrange your accommodation before arriving in Australia. You can choose between our on-campus residential colleges or private, off-campus accommodation.
3. Register for free transport from the airport to USQ
Are you an international student getting ready to commence your first semester on-campus? Did you know that USQ provides free airport pick up services? We want to help make your journey from Brisbane International Airport, Brisbane Domestic Airport or Toowoomba (Brisbane West Wellcamp) Airport stress free, complete the online booking form to arrange for USQ to meet you when you arrive at the airport in Australia. Please ensure you submit this form at least 7 days before you arrive so that we have time to process your request.
4. Living in Australia and studying at USQ
Study in Australia has some great information about living in Australia, including working, transport, banking, living costs and ensuring you are compliant with your visa.
USQ Support Network
We are here to help you with each step. Take advantage of the support services available to you at USQ, so you can have the best study experience:
- Student Support - a range of services from career advice, counselling and health and medical services.
- Student Relationship Officers – from the moment you enrol you will have your own Student Relationship Officer (SRO) to answer all of your questions.
- Multicultural network- this network is made up of people from a range of cultural backgrounds and can help you with issues you may face while studying. USQ embraces multiculturalism and provides you with spiritual support appropriate to your needs.
- Ask USQ - as a student at USQ, you can also find answers and ask a question at Ask USQ 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
5. Get familiar with your orientation events
Orientation is the best way to start your learning journey at USQ. You can find out all the information you will need to successfully navigate your way through your first few weeks and settle in to your studies. It is also a great opportunity to meet lots of new people and have some fun.
Check out the Online Orientation where you will find important information for the start of your learning journey, including:
- an introduction to university facilities
- advice on what support services are available to you
- hints and tips on how to succeed at your studies
- live chat where you can share your Orientation experience or just chat with other USQ students.