Reducing your enrolment
International students who are studying in Australia on a student visa are required to maintain an enrolment that will allow them to complete their program in the time specified on their Confirmation of Enrolment (COE).
However we understand that sometimes circumstances arise which may affect your ability to undertake the enrolment load required in a compulsory semester. Eligible circumstances are:
- medical reasons
- at risk of not meeting academic progression
- extenuating personal circumstances
- USQ unable to offer a pre-requisite course
- full time enrolment not possible due to additional credits / recognised prior learning.
How to request enrolment in less than a full time load
If circumstances arise that affect a students' ability to undertake the full time enrolment load required, students must complete a Reduced Study Load form via:
- Log into UConnect
- Student Centre
- Online Requests tile
- Reduced Study Load menu item
Students must supply supporting documentation with their application.
Applications must be submitted at least five days prior to the last day to drop.
Please note students should enrol in a full time study load (4 courses) until their reduced study load application has been approved.
You will be notified by your Faculty via email of the decision to approve or deny your request. Please note that you are not permitted to drop courses unless your Faculty approves this request.
If you are successful in obtaining a reduced study load:
- the reduced load is granted for one semester only
- it may extend the overall length of the program
- additional costs for tuition fees, Overseas Student Health Cover, visa medicals and X-rays and student visa extension may apply
- you may be required to participate in USQ's academic support and intervention program/s.
Please note that information you provide may be shared with the Department of Home Affairs as required by law, if requested.