What could Head Start lead to?
Completing a course through the Head Start program allows you to gain entry into a related USQ Degree provided you have also met the program pre-requisites.
You can also gain academic credit for the courses you pass, which means you will have fewer courses to study when you start your degree. Make sure you check out the enrolment pattern for your desired degree to ensure this.
Future Teachers Bursary
Complete a USQ Education Head Start course and you are eligible for a Future Teacher Bursary. All Education courses are eligible.
What is the bursary?
- Up to $200 to help cover related study costs (textbooks, stationary, printing, campus visits, course fees, if not already funded by the university)
Who is the Bursary for?
- Year 11 or 12 students who want to become a teacher
- Those enrolled in an eligible Education USQ Head Start course
How to apply?
- Apply for an eligible Head Start Course (refer to education courses available below)
- Once accepted, talk to your school about the bursary (your school will need to complete the application on your behalf.
For more information, visit the Teach Queensland website.