Skip to main content

Getting Started

Your Student Relationship Officer

Welcome from your Student Support team! Brenda and Aleesha will be your Student Relationship Officers (SRO's) and are here to help answer any questions you may have during your studies. We look forward to being able to support you through challenges and celebrating your achievements throughout your Head Start journey.  

Does your course have a residential school?

In addition to exams, some online/external courses will also require that assessment is completed through ‘residential schools’. This is typically for practical courses within the Health, Sciences and Engineering areas. To check this, have a look at the notes within the Head Start course lists or for a more detailed look, visit the Residential School Schedule.

Do you need a USQ ID Card?

Students with an Exam Centre of Toowoomba, Springfield or Ipswich will have their USQ Student ID Card scanned during their exam, in order to verify their identity. If you don’t have your USQ Student ID Card, you won’t be allowed entry into the exam venue.

You can obtain an ID card by visiting one of our campuses or via our online instructions. Please note a school ID card can be used as a form of identification when applying for a USQ ID.

Selecting an exam centre

It’s important that you enter the correct exam centre when you get started with your studies. A step-by-step guide to updating your exam centre is available and if you require any assistance please contact your Student Relationship Officer.

Accessing the USQStudyDesk

USQStudyDesk is your online space for all of your courses. Regardless of your mode of study, within USQStudyDesk you can engage with your peers via forums, access your course materials, submit assignments, contact USQ teaching staff and much more! To access your StudyDesk, log into the UConnect portal using your login details.

Further information

Find out more about getting started