Always start by seeking seeking general advice at the Library help desk, over the phone, or via chat or email, but specialists are available for further assistance. Librarians and Learning Advisors can provide specialist assistance with completing your coursework or assignment.
USQ students can request free one-to-one or small group (less than six people) Study Support consultations with a Librarian or Learning Advisor. Consultations can be conducted online, over the phone, or on-campus.
Librarians can provide specialist help with:
- Finding information and using library resources
- Evaluating information
- Referencing and citations
Request a consultation with a Librarian
Learning Advisors can provide specialist help with:
- Study skills (including time management, task analysis, reading, and note-taking)
- Academic writing (including assignment structure, critical thinking, analysis and synthesis )
- Exam and oral presentation preparation
Request a consultation with a Learning Advisor
Maths Learning Advisors can provide specialist help with:
- Developing your mathematical and numeracy skills (including algebra, calculus, trigonometry, logarithms, and statistics)
- Pre-requisite Maths required in your courses (including data analysis, business, education, engineering, health, and drug calculations)
- Using scientific calculators
- Preparing for maths exams
Request a consultation with a Maths Learning Advisor
Higher Degree Research (HDR) students can also request personalised Research Support.
If you’re unsure who to see, or are unable to find a suitable time to meet with a specialist, contact the Library.
Please note: The Library cannot provide proofreading, editing, or personal counselling. Counselling can be accessed via the USQ counselling service.
Bring your questions along to one of our Study Support drop-in sessions and get specialist advice from a Librarian or Learning Advisor. If you can’t make it to the session for your discipline, you’re welcome to attend whichever session is most convenient for you.
Please note: Drop-in sessions have concluded until Semester 1 2019. To arrange a consultation with a Librarian or Learning Advisor, please use the Request a consultation links above.
The Library offers Study Support workshops online and on-campus during Orientation and throughout the year. You can find these listed on the Library events calendar.