Always start by seeking seeking general advice at the Library help desk, over the phone, or via chat or email, but specialists are available for further assistance. Librarians and Learning Advisors can provide specialist assistance with completing your coursework or assignment.
*NOTE: Consultations will be available during Semester 3 with the exception of the dates given below.
Exception Dates: 21 December 2019 – 5 January 2020.
Semester 3 consultations will recommence 6 January 2020 and conclude 31 January 2020.
USQ students can request one free specialist consultation per week. Study Support consultations can be conducted one-on-one or in small groups (less than six people), online, over the phone, or on-campus.
Learning Advisors can provide specialist help with:
- study skills (including time management, task analysis, reading, and note-taking)
- academic writing (including assignment structure, critical thinking, analysis and synthesis)
- exam and oral presentation preparation
Request a consultation with a Learning Advisor
Maths Learning Advisors can provide specialist help with:
- developing your mathematical and numeracy skills (including algebra, calculus, trigonometry, logarithms, and statistics)
- pre-requisite Maths required in your courses (including data analysis, business, education, engineering, health, and drug calculations)
- using scientific calculators
- preparing for maths exams
Request a consultation with a Maths Learning Advisor
Librarians can provide specialist help with:
- finding information and using library resources
- evaluating information
- referencing and citations
Request a consultation with a Librarian
Higher Degree Research (HDR) students can also request personalised Research Support.
If you’re unsure who to see, or are unable to find a suitable time to meet with a specialist, contact the Library.
Please note: The Library cannot provide proofreading, editing, or personal counselling. Counselling can be accessed via the USQ counselling service.
*NOTE: Drop-in sessions will continue to run during Semester 3 with the exception of the dates given below.
Exception Dates: 18 December 2019 – 6 January 2020.
Semester 3 drop-in sessions will recommence 7 January 2020 and conclude 31 January 2020.
*NOTE: Study Support workshops will continue throughout Semester 3 until 20 December 2019.
The Library offers Study Support workshops online and on-campus during Orientation and throughout the year. You can find these listed on the Library events calendar.