Springfield Library facilities
A refurbishment of the USQ Springfield Library is scheduled to commence before the end of 2017, continuing into 2018.
To facilitate this, Library Services are temporarily relocating to level 1 of Building B at Springfield campus.
The Library in Building A will be closed until the refurbishment is complete from Friday 3 November 2017.
The temporary Springfield Library facilities will be open for standard opening hours from Tuesday 7 November 2017, for the inter-semester recess and Semester 3. The following services and student spaces are available in Building B from November 2017 until the main Library is reopened:
Room B153 (The Learning Centre)
- The Library Help Desk
- The ICT Service Desk (10.00am-2.00pm)
- High demand items including Course Readings and short-term loans
- Bookings for consultations with Learning Advisors and Liaison Librarians
- Student study spaces and computers
Student printing and scanning is available at Phoenix Central and the 24 hour computer lab in Building A.
The remaining Springfield Library collection is available via request. Requests for items can be placed through the Library Catalogue, or ask for staff assistance. Items will be retrieved at regular intervals throughout the day (9.00am, 12.00pm, 3.00pm; except during weekends and holidays). Items can be returned via a temporary returns chute outside Building B.
More student study spaces with Wi-Fi and computers will also be available in Room B327 on level 3 of Building B. The 24-hour lab in Building A will operate as normal.
Other Library services such as Chat, phone, face to face and email help services will be unaffected. All online e-resources will continue to be available 24/7.
Coming in 2018 – a new Springfield Library!
The Springfield Library will reopen in 2018 with brand new spaces and facilities. It is an exciting development, with innovative learning and library spaces for Springfield students and staff.
Some of the features of the refurbished library will include:
- 24/7 access to library study spaces and facilities through a new entry
- A computer space and plenty of laptop and mobile access
- A range of group and individual study spaces, equipped with multimedia facilities
- A kitchen with a microwave and space to prepare tea and coffee
- Quiet study spaces in the collection area
Click for more images of the new Springfield Library [PDF 370 KB]