Health and Social Justice
This program team brings together cross-disciplinary researchers working in partnership with affected community members and industry partners. We address current health issues to reduce disparities and improve health outcomes among priority populations in chronic disease and health/well being through rigorously evaluated applied research and translation science.
Health and Social Justice research themes include:
- Culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD)
- First nations
- Sexuality & gender.
Mental Health research themes include:
Work includes organisational psychology, occupational health and retention of its professionals, and on how healthy nurses promote positive patient outcomes. Research also includes physical activity and health in shift workers.
Contacts: Assoc Prof Erich Fein or Assoc Prof Tracy Kolbe-Alexander.
Physical Activity and sport
Physical Activity and sport research themes includes:
- clinical exercise physiology
- physical activity & public health
- sport & exercise science.
Within Physical Activity & Sport theme, the physical activity and public health strand includes The Physically Active Lifestyles (PALs) research group. Research projects involve the study of:
- sedentary behaviour and screen time
- muscle strengthening exercise: prevalence and health outcomes
- holistic movement practices (e.g. yoga)
- mental health
- behaviour change
- physical activity and sedentary behaviour in the workplace.
Contact: Assoc Prof Tracy Kolbe-Alexander.