Bachelor of Human Services
Execute your passion for people
The Bachelor of Human Services will give you the knowledge to execute your passion for people. You will gain a:
- deep insight into the key issues facing the community sector
- global perspective on social justice and human rights as well
- solid understanding of the environmental, economic and social context in counselling and welfare.
- Child and Family Studies
- Community Development and Indigenous Studies
- Health and Social Wellbeing
- Human Resource Management
USQ is currently seeking accreditation with the Australian Community Workers Association (ACWA). If you successfully complete 400 hours of professional placement you will be eligible for ACWA accreditation. If you don’t wish to undertake the three professional placement courses you can complete three other approved courses.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Human Services who have completed all eight units within Counselling major who have successfully completed one counselling field placement will be eligible for Level 1 membership with the Australian Counselling Association. It's necessary to have attended certain residential schools if you are aiming to become a professional counsellor and/or join professional counselling associations.